Terms and Conditions
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC’s web site are provided “as is”. John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC’s Internet site, even if John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC or a John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Louisiana without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
John M. Welborn, III, Attorney at Law, LLC (the lawyer or law firm) values the privacy of its clients and Web/blog site viewers. Any of the following personal information that may be made available to the lawyer or firm when browsing or navigating the site shall be kept confidential:
- First and last name
- Company, home, postal or other physical address
- Other contact information, for example, telephone number, fax number, email address, and other similar information
- Title or position in a company or an organization
- Personal interests
- Any other information needed to provide a service you requested
Examples of scenarios where our visitors provide their personal information include, but may not be limited, to:
- Emailing, calling or communicating with the lawyer or law firm.
- Posting a question or comment through the site.
- Requesting literature.
- Registering to attend a seminar or any event.
- Participating in an online survey.
- Requesting inclusion in an email or other mailing list.
- Submitting an entry for a contest or other promotions.
- Logging in to the site, thus requiring a user name and/or a password.
- Any other business-related reason.
The lawyer or law firm provides you the opportunity to agree or decline to give your personal information via the Internet. The lawyer or firm will inform you of the purpose for the collection and does not intend to transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except under the limited conditions described under the discussion entitled “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below. If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we may transfer that information, within the law firm or to a third party service provider as necessary.
Domain Information Collection
The lawyer or firm may collect domain information to enable us to analyze how our visitors use this site. This data enables us to become more familiar with which people visit our site, how often they visit, and what parts of the site they visit most often. The lawyer or firm uses this information to improve its Web-based offerings. This information is collected automatically and requires no action on your part.
Some pages on this site may use “cookies”—small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID to track the pages visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. These files are used for site registration and customization the next time you visit us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your personal information is never shared outside the lawyer or firm without your permission, except under conditions listed below:
- Consenting to share your information to a third party service provider working on our behalf to serve you.
- Requiring us to provide you with a product or service.
The lawyer or firm will also disclose your personal information, if required to do so by law, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our sites.
The lawyer or firm strives to protect your personal information; however, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters
Protecting the Privacy of Children
Children under 13 years old are not the target audience for our Web site. To protect their privacy, the lawyer or firm prohibits the solicitation of personal information from these children.
Links to Third Party Sites
This site may contain links to other sites. The lawyer or firm does not share your personal information with those Web sites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
The lawyer or firm reserves the right to change, modify or update this policy at any time without notice. Any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information will be posted on this site.